PINOT: Supporting physicians and patients with complex needs
What is PINOT?
People In Need Of Teams- A direct referral program that allows physicians to connect patients with complex needs to services available from the London InterCommunity Health Centre as an extension of their primary care.
A key gap in primary health care is the lack of inter-professional care for the majority of the population. It has been reported that 70% of the Ontario population do not have access to inter-professional teams and often these are the individuals who are most in need. SPIN (Solo Practitioners in Need) has been piloted across Ontario and presently exists in approximately 16 Community Health Centres. PINOT is an extension of SPIN being piloted in London.
The London Intercommunity Health Centre offers:
- Diabetes education
- Foot care
- Children, youth, family and seniors support
- LGBTQ2+ support
- Housing support
- Hepatitis C care
- Immigrant/newcomer supports
Patient Eligibility Criteria for the PINOT program:
- Uninsured through private insurance
- Unable to afford needed services
- Meets at least one patient factor listed on the PINOT referral form (if they don’t meet one of the patient factors but the physician believes they are a good fit, they can explain why and the patient will be assessed).
To learn about how PINOT can help your practice and enrich the lives of your patients please contact Richard MacDonagh, PINOT Systems Navigator, at 519-660-0874 or email@example.com.