The Mental Health Team works with clients of the Health Centre. We offer individual, couple, family and group therapy for all registered clients of the Health Centre as well as psychology and psychiatry services for primary health care clients (those registered with a doctor or nurse practitioner). We also offer chronic illness management for clients with severe mental illness.
Our team of mental health professionals provides care in common areas, including…
- Chronic Illness Management
- Smoking Cessation
If you are a client or program participant with the London InterCommunity Health Centre and feel that you require additional mental health care supports, please talk to your health care provider.
In addition to mental health, our team offers assistance with Intake and Systems Navigation.
This group is for registered clients of the Health Centre. It is a safe place for you to express your thoughts and feelings about substance use and mental health.
Why 360? The symbolism stands for a circle of healing, hope, growth and potential for change.
Meetings are held on Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. beginning January 31 and running to May 30, 2013 at London InterCommunity Health Centre, 659 Dundas Street, Room B (basement)
Please ask your health care provider for more information.
Men’s Discussion Group
Dealing with Anger and other Feelings: An 8 week program
- “Blow up” or “lose it” a lot
- Find that anger is messing up your relationship with family members or is causing problems at work or with friends
- Want to learn how to understand and deal with anger and other feelings in a positive way
- Want to discuss other feelings whether or not they are related to anger
- Want a safe comfortable place to share with other men
This group may be for you!
- We explore what each person wants to get out of our sessions
- We discuss why physical and emotional violence, when used to solve problems, causes even more problems for us and others
- We stress the necessity of taking responsibility for our anger
- We consider what “triggers” our anger
- We share experiences, exercises, techniques, articles, books, etc.
- We do not pressure anyone to do or say anything in the group that he does not wish to do or say.
The spring 2013 session will begin on Saturday March 16 and run until Saturday May 11. There will be no session on Easter weekend (March 30).
If you, or someone you know, is interested in attending this group, please call for more information. There is no cost to attend this group. Many men have benefited from their participation over the years. For information call John at (519) 660-0874 x227.