IT’S YOUR COMMUNITY BE A PART OF IT!
NELCE has been a part of the North East Community since 2006. This year, we have re-branded! Our new logo and tag line represent the continuum of how we hope to engage residents – PARTICIPATE in one of our programs and/or events, get involved as a VOLUNTEER, and then take a LEADership position.
We continue to be a resident-based, action-oriented community group focused on strengthening and improving the community of Northeast London. Through our work we promote and develop a strong sense of community pride and participation, provide opportunities to develop personal growth and leadership within our community, encourage involvement across our diverse community and support community partnership within North East London.
NELCE is led by a coordinating committee and are committed to the following values:
- All members are equal
- We are all LEADERS in our community
- We will provide an inclusive, diverse, and safe environment.
Participate in Programs
- Cards, Games and Crafts – Mondays 1-3:30 pm, Unit 7- 1355 Huron Street
- Walking Group – (May to Sept) Thursdays 6:45-8 pm- Beacock Library 1280 Huron Street
- Happy Hookers Knitting Group – Fridays 1-4pm, Unit 7- 1355 Huron Street
- Community Gardening – JPII Secondary School- Volunteers needed! Connect with Karen through the NELCE e-mail or phone line for details about schedules.
- Community Events – We organize events throughout the neighbourhood (ex. movies in the park, clean and green, seniors tea and much more!)
- Program Volunteer– Help with logistics and support for many of our programs. Wash dishes, serve food, lead a craft, plan an activity, plant vegetables, weed gardens, organize games or cook meals.
- Events Volunteer– Promote NELCE’s activities and events, get to know your community, recruit participants and volunteers, support with set-up and take-down.
- Coordinator Volunteer– Lead your own program. We currently are looking for someone to lead the Walking Group.
Click here to fill out our volunteer application form.
Connect with NELCE
Check out our new promotional video!